Uncover Content Marketing Secrets of 10-Figure Brands | James Scherer
Content creation is a necessary marketing component for almost any organization. Despite this, the nuances and specifications that can make content marketing effective are often lost in production. In today’s episode of the MORE Podcast, Ricardo is joined by the VP of Growth at Codeless.io, James Scherer, to discuss how he approaches content marketing and what tools he finds effective for content marketing professionals.
Ahrefs.com is a powerful tool for SEO site performance optimization:
- This website can give insight into competitors’ and your own site’s Google rankings.
- Whether you actively create content or not, this site helps you determine how quickly you are projected through Google searches.
- You can use it for competitive and keyword analyses to determine the best words your content should target.
Frase.io helps you drive keywords into a seamless content reporting tool:
- It will tell you what articles rank with that keyword and what those articles look like.
- That’ll help you writers understand what to include in that content, and it’ll help writers take SEO-oriented content easily with foundational confidence.
Wordable.io won’t save your life, but it will save you 15 minutes a day.
- It takes a google doc and sends it into your CMS, formatted and updated to make your life easier.
- Once the content is uploaded onto your site through wordable.io, you can use Ahrefs.com to track and gather analytics, making it a full-circle situation that benefits from the other tools.
Other tools for content marketers:
- Loom is a great tool that allows a manager to have conversations with remote workers and engage with them face-to-face.
- Asana, Trello, or another project management tool that can assign content to team members
- Drip.com, Leadpages, and Salesmate feature integration and distribution opportunities are available for content marketers.
James’s parting advice? Don’t be intimidated by the initial investment of content marketing or the slow growth. For more content and information from James, connect with him on LinkedIn.
James’s book and podcast recommendations:
- Rethink Lead Generation by Tom Shapiro
- Backlinko by Brian Dean is a fantastic experiential and evidence-based marketing blog.
This podcast is brought to you in part by MI Group:
MI Group is a tech company that assists you with billing technology solutions, full-service digital marketing, and hosting and maintaining your digital assets. With over 12 years of experience and a team of over fifty passionate business professionals, MI Group is your key to taking the next step to success. Visit migroupco.com to learn how we can help you and your clients reach your business goals.
This podcast is brought to you in part by mMessenger.co:
mMessenger.co is the ultimate SMS software that allows you to send messages to people in over 100 countries across the globe. Notifications, alerts, or any message you want to send can be done from the comfort of one website. Visit mmessenger.co for a free trial and to learn how you can use SMS to reach more customers.
This podcast is brought to you in part by MI Digital Hub:
MI Digital Hub is the all-in-one digital experience to help you improve your digital marketing experience. Suppose you want to understand your current online positioning and how your presence appears. In that case, MI Digital Hub gives you a high-level view of SEO, performance, listing, social media, and any online presence that might impact your business. Get a free snapshot of your performance by visiting midigitalhub.com to see where you are now and where you need to go.